Happy new year from Rocky Street Press! We're kicking off 2018 with our first themed call-out: Australia: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow.
In the lead up to January 26, we're looking for your thoughts, experiences, hopes and dreams for this land of beauty and terror. We're looking for personal stories, diverse voices, and considered opinions. We're looking for heart and passion, not necessarily technical mastery, so artists of all ages and levels of experience are very welcome to pitch their work. We are particularly keen to hear from Indigenous people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people from rural and remote areas of Australia.
Submissions open the minute this post is live, and close at midnight on January 14, 2018. Yep, that's a fortnight - so get cracking!
We're looking for submissions in a wide range of formats:
- Opinion pieces, personal narratives, and short fiction, up to 1500 words
- Poetry, up to 20 lines
- Music, 1-3 songs
- Artwork or photography including digital art and gifs, 1-5 reasonably hi res images as a set
- Short films including animation, up to 10 minutes
- Live performances such as theatre, stand up comedy, dance and poetry can be submitted as short films or audio recordings
From the submissions we receive, we will choose:
- Two submissions to receive $50 payment and online publication, with potential print publication in our first hard copy edition later in 2018
- Three submissions to receive $20 payment and online publication
- Up to five submissions to receive $5 and online publication
Please send your submissions to rockystreetpress[at]gmail.com. To find out more about what we're looking for and about formatting your work, please visit the pitch page.